Care and Cleaning Guide for Leather and Fabric Sofas
To maintain the ‘brand new’ look of your leather or fabric sofa, regular maintenance is essential. Here are some easy and effective care and cleaning tips:
– Treat your brand new sofa with a leather or fabric protector to prolong the life of its material and minimise maintenance by preventing permanent staining.
– Vacuum regularly to remove dust. Use only authorized products, not harsh detergents or soap which can often harm furniture.
– Remove any spills immediately by blotting dry with a clean cloth. Please do not rub.
– Clean monthly to prevent build-up of spots and general dirt.
– Avoid placing your sofa near sources of direct heat such as fireplaces or radiators which can cause leather surfaces to dry and crack.
– Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight as all materials fade in colour over time.
– If you are unable to remove a stain with a leather cleaner, do not rub excessively or use other household products which could seriously damage your leather sofa. Consult this web-site or contact a specialist.
REMOVAL OF STAINS FROM LEATHER
Grease and oily materials
Remove the stain with a dry cloth, later try with a light cleaning solution like leather shampoo.
Clean with warm water, scrubbing all leather surfaces. In case this is not enough, repeat the operation with soap solution.
Chill with ice-cubes in a plastic bag, than remove it carefully. If the stain does not go away, try with a rubber.
Remove gently with a rubber, taking care of scrubbing very lightly so that you do not damage the surface colour
Use a soap solution or a smooth rubber. Do not use fluids with alcohol or cleaning chemical substances.
Dino Zoli has been producing upholstery fabrics since 1972. Leon Fabric by Dino Zoli is:
– non-stick and repellent
– easy to clean
– anti-microbial and anti-bacterial
– protected from dust mites
– virtually impermeable and resistant to wear
– durable and protected against stains caused by liquids, dust and dry dirt
These benefits are achieved without prejudice to its look and feel to the touch.
Leon fabric remains visibly newer for longer periods due to the fact that it does not need as much washing and scrubbing and is easy to maintain.When affected by dry dirt or liquid, they remain on the surface without soaking into it.
LEON FABRIC CLEANING
In general, it is enough to mop up the spilled liquid with a dry cloth or brush off the dried dirt.
Fluid stains such as sugary drinks, coffee and wine stains
Mop up the liquid with tissue paper or dry cloth without excessive pressure on the fabric. In the event that the stain gets inside material, rub it with a damp sponge. If necessary, use a neutral detergent. Subsequently rinse with lukewarm water and wipe with a clean sponge.
Oil spills, such as fats and sauces
Use tissue paper or dry cloth without excessive pressure on the fabric. In the event that the stain gets inside material rub the spot with damp sponge. If necessary, use a neutral detergent. Subsequently rinse with lukewarm water and wipe clean with a sponge.
Pens and markers
Fresh marks should be removed immediately. Use a sponge soaked in alcohol diluted with distilled water and wipe the stain in a circular motion – gently, do not press hard, and then dry thoroughly with a dry cloth.
If you cannot remove the stain, contact a qualified service centre. Please see our high quality sofa care and cleaning products here.